NCSLMA is excited to announce that we are developing a support network for National Board candidates. There will be a dedicated forum and potential for collaboration for members who are interested in either starting or renewing their National Board Certification.
NCSLMA has an opportunity to acknowledge the dedication and work of recent candidates who are first-time participations who recently submitted entries. NCSLMA is awarding four $250.00 grants to candidates that have submitted this year. If you are interested in submitting a grant application for consideration, follow these directions.
NCSLMA NBCT First-Time Grant Opportunity Application Process:
1. Login into your NB Portal
2. Go to the Portfolio Entry Summary webpage
3. This screen should say "Assessment Status Submitted" and "Submitted On". Applications will take a screenshot of this window. On PC, use the Windows key + Print Screen (or Shift S), Mac Press the Command ⌘ + Shift + 4 key.
4. Reply to this email and paste the screenshot into the email. You may also paste the screenshot into an MS Word Document and attach to this email.
5. Include your full name, school name, school district, and NCSLMA Membership number.
6. Write a statement that indicates that "You agree to serve as an NCSLMA NB Forum Moderator for one year." The expectations are that all grant recipients will have an active role in contributing posts and replying to questions on the NB Forum at least once a month during the following year.
7. Application Deadline is August 1st. The Professional Development and Education section of NCSLMA will announce the recipients of this grant at the 2019 Annual Conference in October